Friday 28 October 2011

MEDI322: Collaborative Practice: Mood Maps

I thought that mood maps would be a good place to start with the collaboration. I have produced a general mood map for the website covering themes and colours and I aim to discuss it and make notes on it with the person I am collaborating.  I made it in word so that I could combine text and images easily. I have tried to make it engaging and pictoral so that the person I am doing this project with will find it easy to use and also so that they can see where I think their website is comming from. Making this was easier in some respects due to the fact that we know eachouther however she did give me a few ideas of what inspired her; this being the 1950's style and colourings, pastels and obviously cakes. Also since she makes bespoke 'baby towers' I thought I would include something baby related as it may be a good idea to theme the page they are on.

I have also made a mood map more focused on the websites and the actuall design and layout side of things I have pre-catagorised the examples I have found due to the fact that we went though a few examples breifly together and largely agreed on what makes a website good and bad. However I intend to have a discussion about it and have notes of specifically what works and what doesn't.

I have also inculded a table of colours that I can use with the colour wheels on the general mood map for pinpointing the best colours for the theme of the website. This will also enable  me to get the hex codes.

I will email the word documents to the person I am collaborating with or if she prefers I will copy or print her ones. Also if she requests a copy of them after we have annotated them then I shall give her a copy aswell. I will be scanning them in once annotated.

No comments:

Post a Comment