Sunday 23 October 2011

MEDI322: Collaborative Practice: Initial Proposal

For my Collaborative Practice module I intend to work with a friend of mine that is aiming to start up a commission based business centering on bespoke cakes and gifts. I will be the ongoing site content editor in collaboration of course with my friend. Also her photographer and maybe will be required to produce other promotional or marketing material.
The main context of the idea is to help my friend with her commission based business as she would like a website and professional photos of her cakes. She needs someone with a design background and computing skills to aid her in putting together a really cohesive and eye-catching site to be the front of her upcoming business.

Since we know each other she is happy for me to be working course deadlines. This provides a unique opportunity to be both professional yet relaxed which I feel will make the collaborative process a lot smoother and more beneficial. The actual technical aspect of this project will be collaborating to get the best photos and website possible. She will obviously want and expect certain things and also I have certain ideas of what would look best. I will have to work to what she wants and also ensure that I have a degree of creative control. I feel that this will be a very creative and flexible process as she needs a website and photos for a very creative business and as such is very artistic herself, this I feel gives the project a lot of scope for collaboration.

I feel that this project will be very beneficial since I am very interested in website design as a career, also it gives me more opportunity to hone my skills as a photographer to a much more professional and business standard. I also have an interesting in advertising and marketing and feel that this project will very much call on these skills, so I can both use what I know and also develop a more focused approach in this particular area.

No comments:

Post a Comment