Wednesday 3 November 2010

MEDI 259: (The Image M+T) 'Urban Decay'

For this workshop after a lot of planning I decided to go with the theme of 'urban decay'. I had previously done a project on mold so I was interested to develop the images further than what they already were and make them something different. I had lots of different ideas on where to take this but decided to use the three images of mold and different pictures of the city scape and meld them together very simply. This was influenced by the style of Doug Keyes as I particularly like his 'Collective Memory' series.

I am not overly pleased with the last picture however I do really the other two. I think there are things to expand on with urban decay but I may also explore other options.

2 comments:

  1. You've been tweeted :-)- like the civic centre image in particular

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually its the train station. The original image was much larger but I cropped it down to just the windows to try and give it a 'more every building every city' feel. Thank you VERY much for the tweet :)

    ReplyDelete