Monday 8 November 2010

MEDI 236: Documentary Project- Original Proposal


My initial ideas were to do a photo journalism piece about winter in London  since I go there for winter break. I was thinking however that a few pictures would lack any real entertainment value and not be very gripping or go anywhere. It was then I thought of 'La jetée' the film that '12 Monkeys' was based on and thought that it would be interesting to make a documentary in this style. The main idea would still be to try and capture winter in the suburbs around London but maybe in a more whimsical light or with a holiday feel. I would like to have some voices and a sound track with the images to flesh it out a little. I may choose to include a very small amount of filmed footage like in 'La jetée' to better blend it but I would like to approach it from a fairly artistic standpoint. The main crux of this is I am hoping for snow and a lot of it. It is something I find breathtaking and would hope it is fairly interesting subject matter. So in essence the film would consist of mainly stills and a sound track.  

No comments:

Post a Comment