Wednesday 23 May 2012

MEDI 323: Finger Painting Studies

As part of this project I wanted to focus on child-like or childrens art. I chose to investigate this by producing collaborative finger-paintings with my friends four year old son.

When I scanned in the images to use them for making Dreamscapes they lost some of thier depth of colour.









This lack of colour put me off of making a Dreamscape image with them as they had lost quite a lot of original colour and therefore meanings and connertations would be lost or skewed. Also later I opted to keep the project a more personal and self reflective effort on the advice of my tutor but I have found some intresting things on finger-painting in the process.



I had originally wanted to prove that finger painting wasn't childish and was a valid art form which I feel the video does. Its increadible what you can actually paint with your fingers.

It would have been intreresting to produce a Dreamscape using the art that me and Mauwgan had made together and maybe something to look into in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment