Tuesday 22 May 2012

MEDI 323: Copyright and Art


I have been extensively researching copyright and have read a few law journals and art law journals.

The relationship between art and copyright has and maybe will always be fraught and
in my opinion the rules need to be relaxed a lot more. The laws affect all kinds of artists including the music industry especially in the case of DJ Girl Talk who I took a particular interest in because his music is referred to as ‘danceable musical collages’ since I both am interesting in collages and I love the imagery that is invoked by the term musical collage. 

The contraversial track 'Feed the Animals'

Copyright should be fair, protecting the artist whilst not crushing others freedom to speak, yet sometimes it falls short of this task I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment