Sunday 14 March 2010

MEDI 119 (Movie Madness)

Ok so the past two days have been intensive editing. I have sorted arranged and polished everything to as glossy as sheen as I can get it.


I have had problem after problem with it. The tape decks breaking and not reading the tape, the data not capturing all at once etc etc etc. If it wasn't for a friend with some firewire cables and more know how than me this probably would not have gotten off the ground.

The movie's main actor was meant to do a voice over but that was no longer an option since he had knee problems and so could not make it to a sound studio. Also the music was mean't to be provide by a friend but because of his own work load with a course a band and a job he was unable to. So I used some music that was copywrite under creative commons since it is ok to use it as long as it is not for comercial gain.
I really love the band and downloaded a free demo so all the tracks on the film are from Dancing Willow and sorced from here.

The movie itself is a bit sloppy but considering I have never done anything like this before I am very, very pleased with it. Its very tounge in cheek as is somewhere between a story and a documentry. I think it shows my hobby in a very playfull light.
The way the movie and music work together is what I am most pleased with since I have spent hours alone on making sure it cuts, fades, flows and fits correctly with the action.

I don't know at this stage weather or not I would add a voice over given the option as I am very proud of it as it is.

So without further ado Larping About.

No comments:

Post a Comment