Saturday 3 October 2009

MEDI 114 (Iconic Image)

So we were asked to find an iconic image that represented something we hated and me being very anti the Medias current portrayal of women decided to pick a photo of twiggy since she was one of the original ‘pioneers’ of the skinny look. I also did a little research into my topic and found some links. The Medias portrayal of women over all is very demeaning and the idea of a ‘perfect’ woman seems to be thin with huge breasts, which are both dangerous and unrealistic. During my readings I also found some shocking things about eating disorders and the Media influences on them.




Here are the links:
E-zine: Battles Against Media's Idea of "The Perfect Woman"

"Sexy house wife"

Lies the Media tells us

WHERE ARE ALL THE FAT PEOPLE?- Lynne Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment