Friday 16 October 2009

MEDI 127 (Black and White Photography)

Ok so we have been producing black and white photos. We all had to use an SLR camera and a 400 film. Taking the photos proved harder than I had thought by far since you have things aperture, shutter spead and exposure to consider. The actual photoshoot was very fun. Developing the film in the soloutions and putting the film on a spool in the pitch black is something I have never done before and despite a few hicups I still very much enjoyed it and it was a thrill to see my negatives developed (even though some of the film didn't) But the enlarging of the negatives in the dark room has been very enjoyable. They were printed in a dry dark room with a 14 secound exposure. Also the red filter used for the pictures of the tree was a 3 which is why its not as sharp as the 'tomb' because the red filter was a 4. Its rewarding to have a tangable print in my hand especially after so much painstaking work to get to this stage. I very much enjoy black and white photograpy. I'm going to post up my pictures. They are poor quality as I have taken them with a web cam but I still like them. (They are black and white the colour effect is the result of the webcam)



No comments:

Post a Comment