Wednesday 18 January 2012

MEDI 323: DADA

Something that has also been an inspiration to me has been the Dada art movement. Its rebelliousness and certain amount of chaos appeal to me and it also founded the basis of surrealism.




Apparently a common thing in the Dada movement was to make a poem with bits that you cut out of a newspaper and picked at random! I thought I would also try this for brevity!
"She friend at bespoke south heard.
For training university businesses,
Innovative motorcycle networking is presentations.


West meeting dictator; explicit, unique, promoted.
The where and fused something freindly website.
Royal host Rockers question man died.

Find a yesterday with persuasive American.
Sex can being crashed, answer in social that flies.
A can mix, photographs of space,


Used giant posted room, his drunken sixties
Early of a during court, to on morning
Of the plans, a big circular the."  

  • I find it very interesting how adding some punctuations makes it make more sense even though it is totally random and chaotic in its assembly. Yet given the fact I picked each word out (of a bag no less) at random it still feels like MY poem. My punctuation and the form I have set it out in further reinforce this but it is a wonderfully creative way of working. 
  • I found a site that sells things to use in collage and also has a lot of information about Dada artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment