Monday 16 May 2011

MEDI 255: General Research (Media + Advertising)

I have been researching extensively for this project. I have researched into many aspects of  advertising. during my research I found this online article about why print ads are better than digital adverts. It features a Pantene ad as an example of a print ad and I thought it relevant as they always have very effective print ads.

Also since one of my personal intrests is the actual psychology of marketing I thought it a valid avenue of research. My research lead me to this site that is about the actual neuro science behind effective adverts. It states that adverts that work on an emotional level are the most likely to give good returns in terms of profits.

One key point of this project is that my adverts are spoofs. However, I have seen more and more adverts (especially lately) cash in on spoof to great effect.

This car advert for example 'takes the mick' of the standard way to advertise a car using 'sex appeal' It is a brilliant advert and really sticks in your head because it is funny. The humor engages you on an emotional level. Humor has been a very important part of advertising and has been since advertising was just starting. According to this book I found humor in ads has been important since the 1700's. I also found that finding out about it is important enough to companys to warrent an analysis on humor in advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment