Wednesday 17 February 2010

MEDI 117 (Musings)

 I have been musing on what I can do with regards to this project. The breif says that:
  • "Evolution could be interpreted in terms of:  adaptation, change, agency, intervention, memory, catalyst, flux, and metamorphosis." 
This has me thinking of a lot things.
My inital idea would have been copyrighted which would have been somthing to do with changing peoples faces into Na'vi faces as there are a lot of tutorials on the web and I really liked the film.

Carring on with the photoshoping theme I then had the idea that I could morph people into their zodiac animals. Not sure weather I would pick the Chinese or Western zodiac. Since the former is completly animal based it may look better.

I have also gone back to thinking about alien and human hybrids and thought of emulating something in a style like Giger

His odd styles and hybrids appeal to me.  I liked the alien films a lot but it is not that that most apeals.

However I have two split ideas.

One would be the gestaiton of a human baby but have it mixed with some kind of alien and seeing how the hybrid fetus/foetus develops from embryo to birth.

I'm not sure how I would achive this but perhaps through some kind of flash animation or photoshop manipulation.

I would have to use some sort of modle like this one for the base of the human baby. What kind of alien I would use I'm not really sure of. How I would combine them or even what media format to use.

I do like this Idea a lot and it has a good possibility.

The other idea would be to combine man with mecanical objects. Things like cyber space and how it affects man, cyborgs, prosthetics, things of this nature. Exploring the relationship man and machine have and can have in the future. This appeals to my Si-Fi loving nature. Also there can be a lot of elements of steampunk with this and I like the idea of that. I wouldn't really know how to combine these but again Giger is a huge inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment