Tuesday 12 April 2011

MEDI 255 Consumption and Media

I have been thinking about making these image manipulation adverts for this project and I had a thought back to a joke shared between me and a few friends in college about a person we knew.

He was very into his heavy metal and bikes and leather but his most striking feature was his long, flowing brown hair.

This prompted me to make (what I considered) a funny joke about him using high class hair care products because he was 'worth it'

One of my friends at that time corrected me with "No he is a metaller he uses Pantera Pro-V!"
Its one of those things I have ALWAYS imaged of some kind of rock and roll Pantene bottle. I would like to make an advert for this product as it is just something I have wanted to do.

Pantera was an American metal band formed by the Abbott Brothers in 1918. 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott was a huge name in the alternative music industry before his tragic death in 2004. He is considered one of the most influental stylists in modern metal and is sorely missed by fans. Even thought the band split before Darrell's death they still have an offical site and a large fanbase.   

I have collated some choice images that I can use in the final series of adds:  







I like how these two things seemingly clash but I do think they fit well together.

Also this could serve to challenge peoples ideas of stereotypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment