Thursday 6 May 2010

MEDI 117 (Mouldy Methods)

I came up with the idea of growing mould. This was a perfect way to show the evolution of death into life.

As someone commented on it, mould is “growing into death.” This was exactly what I set out to capture.

I started with a few rough shots to get a feel for the images themselves and opted to go with macro as its better with things this small and really captured the full detail of the mould. I used a wide range of the cameras on board settings to caputre different light and looks and also played with the flash. I toyed with the idea of photo maipulation to accent or erase certain parts or qualities but in the end I decided to go with the most natural. I then decided that I wanted the images to look far more alien and abstract so I began the processes of cropping them, selecting the best images that would make the best final shots. I then selected, from the wide range of Images, the three I liked best and that were the sharpest and clearest to be the final Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment